T.C. ÜSKÜDAR UNIVERSITY
FOREIGN LANGUAGES COORDINATORSHIP
Prep School and Compulsory Courses Exemption and
Exam Equivalence Table (Denklik Tablosu)
“Foreign Language Exam Equivalence” was rearranged on January 14, 2015 by ÖSYM Board. According to the new arrangement, the Foreign Language Exam Equivalence Table is as given below. For the Üsküdar University Erasmus Foreign Language Exam equivalence calculations, the equivalences on this document will be used. About the cases that are not convicted in this document, ÖSYM Board document dated January 14, 2015 is taken into consideration.
|Üsküdar Üni. Proficiency Exam||TOEFL
|İngilizce programlar için||79||79||75|
Exemption Requirements (Muafiyet Şartları)
The students who have registered to English-medium departments of Üsküdar University could be exempt of Preparatory Programme if they get 60/100 or above from Üsküdar University proficiency exam.
The students who meet the conditions mentioned below should be exempt as well.
- The students who have completed their secondary school education at a school with students whose official language is English.
- The students who got the scores identified by University Senate ÖSYM, the equivalency of which is accepted by Higher Education Executive Committee. (The tests must be within the validity period determined by the relevant institutions and original papers must be submitted.)
- The students who got the expected grades set by the university from the international exams such as: TOEFL, PTE etc…(The tests must be within the validity period determined the relevant institutions and original papers must be submitted.)
- The students who studied Prep School at another University and got the score identified by Üsküdar University Senate. They are required to submit the documents before the Foreign Language Proficiency Exam.
Vertical transfer students will be exempt from the English I and English II classes which they took in BA degree program at the school they graduated from on the condition that they document the lesson hours, lesson credits, lesson contents. They are required to submit the documents before the add/drop week of the related semester is over.
- Vertical transfer students will be exempt from the English I and English II classes which they took in BA degree program at the school they graduated from on the condition that they document the course hours, course credits, course contents. They are required to submit it before the course add/drop week of the related semester ends.
- Vertical/horizontal transfer students who applied for the exemption of English I and/or English II courses that they took and succeeded at the BA/MA programs of the university they studied before can take these courses again if they’d like to. Attendance is mandatory in these repeated courses and the grade they get from the course they take in Üsküdar University will be valid.
- The score of the proficiency exam will determine whether you are going to be exempt or not from the Freshman English I and English II courses. The students who get 70/100 or above will be exempt from compulsory English I course, the students who get 80/100 or above will be exempt from compulsory English II course. For the exemption evaluations the equivalents below are used.
|Turkish Bachelor/Associate degree Programmes||Üsküdar University Proficiency Exam||KPDS/ÜDS/YDS||TOEFL